Monday, April 1, 2013

March in Review -- AKA what I need to finish in April

I don't know what happened to the month of March -- but here I sit reflecting on my progress this month and I am not proud to announce that I completed nearly nothing all month. That's right ladies as far as "finished" projects I am coming up short. 
Let's recap -- 
one quilt for charity completed 
Covert Robin large mug rug and crochet owl -- completed and mailed (post on this later this week -- link up starts today) I am also keeping up with my block of the week and block of the month projects. 

Now I have many projects that I have made progress on throughout the month and even a few tops that are ready to be sandwiched and a few that are to the quilting phase so I am hoping April will be a month of finishes. Quite frankly it has to be so that I will have some added inventory for a craft show I am (hopefully) partisipating in the first weekend in May in Kernersville, NC. 
I sent out the application Friday and hope that I get accepted. As a part of this application I had to submit photos of my set up which means I had to do a set up because the previous show I participated in I forgot to take pictures and being that it was inside the ones from my phone didn't come out great. This was how I spent one of my quilting days, so here are some of the pictures I sent in. 
Since I had the tend up I took inventory shots as well and this is one of my favorites 
and this is the back. 

So what's up to finish in April ---- an estimated 60+ hours of work
  1. 1980's swap project -- must complete and mail by 4/30 (3-5 hours)
  2. Complete Blooming flower -- quilt it and bind it (3-5 hours)
  3. Complete Blue Modern (charity quilt) -- sandwich, quilt and bind (3-4 hours) 
  4. Complete Star Wars T Shirt Quilt -- Sandwich, quilt and bind. (this one would be a display piece for the festival) (5-6 hours)
  5. Complete City Scape -- Quilt and Bind (10+ hours)
  6. Elephant Parade Quilt -- finish putting rows together (1/2 done at this point), sandwich, quilt, bind (8-10 hours) 
  7. Put together another storm at see from remaining blocks into a table runner or wall hanging. (4-6 hours) 
  8. Make 10 - 20 mug rugs (10 hours)
  9. Make 10 - 20 pincushions (10 hours)
  10. I have some crochet projects to finish up as well -- like 3 new hippos and a seal (from that fun new yarn I got over at Papananas last week) 
  11. Start Scrappy Trip-A-Long 
  12. work on the Zakka project for the guild swap -- due 5/21


Weekly Summation 
Sunbeam Purple/White Steam Master Retractable Cord Iron
  • I did get a new iron for Easter (well pre-Easter) that looks like it is going to be great and it's purple (YAY).
  • I did not hit the jackpot in Cherokee this weekend but I broke even. 
  • I love discovering new stores and hidden treasures -- Papnanna's and Miss Emmilys Antiques were great finds / rediscoveries this week.
  • I did not get to go to the quilt shop near Cherokee because of the holiday weekend and them being closed.
  • I need to focus my time and energy more when being creative and act less like a kid who needs his Ritalin 
  • I love getting fabric in the mail and received 3 squishy packages  this week that brightened my day.  
  • I have started to fold and organize my fabrics while I watch TV - which is slow going but it should be great when I get it finished. 

Happy April Everyone and Happy Quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment