Let's recap --
one quilt for charity completed
Covert Robin large mug rug and crochet owl -- completed and mailed (post on this later this week -- link up starts today) I am also keeping up with my block of the week and block of the month projects.
Now I have many projects that I have made progress on throughout the month and even a few tops that are ready to be sandwiched and a few that are to the quilting phase so I am hoping April will be a month of finishes. Quite frankly it has to be so that I will have some added inventory for a craft show I am (hopefully) partisipating in the first weekend in May in Kernersville, NC.
I sent out the application Friday and hope that I get accepted. As a part of this application I had to submit photos of my set up which means I had to do a set up because the previous show I participated in I forgot to take pictures and being that it was inside the ones from my phone didn't come out great. This was how I spent one of my quilting days, so here are some of the pictures I sent in.
Since I had the tend up I took inventory shots as well and this is one of my favorites
and this is the back.
So what's up to finish in April ---- an estimated 60+ hours of work
- 1980's swap project -- must complete and mail by 4/30 (3-5 hours)
- Complete Blooming flower -- quilt it and bind it (3-5 hours)
- Complete Blue Modern (charity quilt) -- sandwich, quilt and bind (3-4 hours)
- Complete Star Wars T Shirt Quilt -- Sandwich, quilt and bind. (this one would be a display piece for the festival) (5-6 hours)
- Complete City Scape -- Quilt and Bind (10+ hours)
- Elephant Parade Quilt -- finish putting rows together (1/2 done at this point), sandwich, quilt, bind (8-10 hours)
- Put together another storm at see from remaining blocks into a table runner or wall hanging. (4-6 hours)
- Make 10 - 20 mug rugs (10 hours)
- Make 10 - 20 pincushions (10 hours)
- I have some crochet projects to finish up as well -- like 3 new hippos and a seal (from that fun new yarn I got over at Papananas last week)
- Start Scrappy Trip-A-Long
- work on the Zakka project for the guild swap -- due 5/21
- I did get a new iron for Easter (well pre-Easter) that looks like it is going to be great and it's purple (YAY).
- I did not hit the jackpot in Cherokee this weekend but I broke even.
- I love discovering new stores and hidden treasures -- Papnanna's and Miss Emmilys Antiques were great finds / rediscoveries this week.
- I did not get to go to the quilt shop near Cherokee because of the holiday weekend and them being closed.
- I need to focus my time and energy more when being creative and act less like a kid who needs his Ritalin
- I love getting fabric in the mail and received 3 squishy packages this week that brightened my day.
- I have started to fold and organize my fabrics while I watch TV - which is slow going but it should be great when I get it finished.
Happy April Everyone and Happy Quilting.