Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shop Hop 2012

This past Saturday I had a day to myself and decided to head out to the quilt shops and see what kind of jems I would find. I started out at the Quilter's Loft to take part in a big sale and preview the upcoming block of the week project that they are running in the new year.
I'm thinking about combining the 2 looks and use batiks in the small bed runner size.
Next I found a new to me shop that was a real treasure. The Quilted Thimble Cottge in Belmont, NC. http://www.quiltedthimblecottage.com/ This is a great shop with super nice staff, great fabrics and a true passion for quilting. I had a great time here and found fabric for 3 new projects.
 Next I headed over to Mary Jo's -- this place is huge so I know I'm going to have to go back in the future when I have more time and need something more specific. They have something for everyone and it realy deserves a full day to itself. I was then heading over to Charlotte when I got side tracked by a sign saying Sew Much Fun -- this I had to check out and it was so worth it. I found a great sale and a collection of Alice in Wonderland fabrics that I had previoulsy bookmarked in a magazine. having sold my Mixed Media Alice quilt last year I knew it was time to pick these up.
My day was winding down so I started making my way back toward home. One more quilt shop to go and that was We're So Creative in Concord. I found some great gold holiday fabric and two new patterns to help me use some of this new fabric (and perhapse some of my scrap hoard). The Sparkle Plenty made me think of a Kelly Wood and I have been wanting to do a Jaybird Quilt for some time.
Happy Quilting to come in 2013 --- can't wait ot get started.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I was at Mary Jo's and Sew Much Fun on Saturday. I thought of you when I saw the Alice fabrics! I will have to check out the shop in Belmont! Thanks for the shout, I love that quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly -- the one in Belmont is only about 5 - 10 miles from Sew Much Fun but it's kinda hard to spot if your just driving by because they don't have a big sign but it is next to a dog bakery so that's kinda neat also.
    I saw your gallery show in Yadkinville -- it looks great. ( that's right beside where I work and I went in there one day last week on lunch).

    ReplyDelete