Monday, January 20, 2014

California Dreamin

California Dreamin has safely arrived in it's new home with Jen @ quilter in the closet and it was a big hit (check her out, this can wait).

package received from my DQS14 partner!

Jen was pretty open when it came to design so I took all the different elements from her mosaic and primary colors from her favorite fabric lines and came up with the different elements of the mini -- she likes stars, flying geese, aqua, bright red, navy and grey. I was super excited to see it come together but unsure about how to go about quilting it and then I thought again about my partner and where she lives (I even Googled her address to see where it is geographically) and came up with the wave design. This was the time that I started to loose my confidence in this project because Jen's quilting skills are amazing. As I was quilting the name of the quilt came to me -- I choose to name it after the Mamas and the Papas song because the day I was working on it our low was 8* and the high was expected to be 20* --- meanwhile she was enjoying mid 70's (lucky lady).

Check out her blog -- if you haven't already, she seems like a great person and perhaps we may never meet in person but she could easily be considered a friend.

3 comments:

  1. Aw shucks! You are making me blush. I hope we do meet in person one day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it on her blog and it turned out just great. Congrats to you on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete