Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pink Swap

So I told myself that 2017 was going to be about focusing on current projects and decreasing my stash and I would limit the swaps that I signed up for (especially since I was already doing another traveling quilt and 2 bees). I had however forgotten about a swap that I signed up for right before making this decision -- the PINK swap. 
Image result
What's not to love right it's all things pink and the swap is supposed to be minis only so no added pressure. My partner was really clear about what she didn't want and this was somewhat limiting until I saw that her mosaic included a mini I had wanted to make for some time -- it just needed to have the colors swapped (and as it turns out needed to be resized). 
Sizzix.com - Ombre Vibes Quilt:
She didn't want Flowers or Tula so I opted for solids -- this scared me, I've never done a quilt with only solids but tiny pieces and all it went together pretty quickly and I'm happy with the outcome. 

When I started to quilt it I looked at the inspiration photo and decided straight lines were a good thing -- just not those so again I changed it up but it still works and the black binding frames it all really well. 

This was my 2nd finish for 2017 and will get mailed out early next month. 

This is part of my Quarterly link up goals

4 comments:

  1. I have seen the progress of this mini in instagram Katie and really liked it. Whether intentional or not, it shines out from the centre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice. You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect - bet she loved it! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of pink and grey ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete