Sunday, April 10, 2016

Stash Bash Revamp

So last year at the Mini Stash Bash there was a little mix up with the shirts and they were way smaller than most of us quilters could even start to think about putting on. They were still really cute so as a group we decided to revamp the shirts and bring them back in the spring to the retreat for a little mini contest to see who had the most clever way of using the shirt. 

As I thought about the shirt I remembered the bags of scraps that I had collected during the first 2 retreats and my idea was starting to come together. 
Initially I was going to make a pillow but then I decided that making a large project tote would be far better for the next time I am able to attend the retreat. I pulled a pattern for some basics of assembly but then didn't follow it. I wanted to do scrappy so I cut my outer panels and started rough piecing the collected fabrics together to come up with these lovelies. 
I added some linen material as a boarder, the bottom and the straps. 
I also pulled from my stash for the inner lining and pulled it all together. 

The finished size is 19 x 18 x 9.5 and large enough to hold 3 project boxes and plenty of extras. 
While I am sad that I won't be going to the retreat in 2 weeks, I still wanted to complete the challenge and maybe have one of my other quilting buddies take my project with them to show it off. This is going to be a great project for carrying to retreats or sew ins, since it will allow me to keep everything together and hopefully help me narrow down things that I take with me. --- Yeah Right. 

Another thing is for sure -- the kitties love it

and Mr Pink thinks it's his personal carrying bag to go hang out with all his lady friends.

First finish of my 2nd Quarter goals, my April OMG and Sew My stash April Challenge project. 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your bag! The ladies at the retreat will be oohing and aahing over it, but they will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will your kitchen sink fit in that bag? Just kidding, it's a most excellent bag! Sorry you'll miss the bash. I know you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bag and a very inspiring way to use scraps! Cat-tested, and soon to be retreat-approved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bag. Bummer to have to miss it. I may use your measurements to make one for me as I use those project boxes too. And, they go to retreat with me. Cute kitties live and crocheted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good scrappy panel! What a super idea to turn your beautiful scraps into a bag. It came together wonderfully, didn't it? On behalf of the FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete