Friday, April 15, 2016

100 day challenge results

Jen put forth a fun challenge at the beginning of the year to see what we could accomplish in 100 days if we set up a few goals for ourselves. 

So I set forth with these 3 that I felt were pretty obtainable 

1. Complete at least 2 of my carry over projects from 2015
2. Decrease my stash by 50 yards or more -- through destash or use in ongoing projects
3. Make time to blog every week and link up with other bloggers. 

We've linked up a few other times and I've been doing pretty good on these goals except for the more blogging part -- I am at least keeping up on my blog reading. 

In 100 days I have accomplished 

-- 9 completed projects (3 this month)

-- I have kept up with all my bee blocks and made several extras for other hives and my hive mates.

-- I have decreased my stash by at least 50 yards, even thought I was very bad last month and nearly blew it. It could stand to be decreased by at least another 50 -- but that's coming in time. 

-- I have managed to blog 20 times since the beginning of the year and I have about 10 blog postings in the wings waiting on deadlines or completions. Many of my postings are monthly wrap ups or progress with the Tula Sampler but that's actually better than I thought I was doing. 

I feel pretty good about my start into 2016 and hope to keep up momentum throughout the rest of the year as I work on several other goals that I have going. A big thanks to Jen for motivating us all. 


  1. Congratulations on your wonderful achievements Katie.It sounds like you smashed all your goals, nine completed projects is a huge target in 100 days, I especially like the third one and the red and grey quilt. I am so impressed with having 10 posts waiting, I start from scratch every week and never have anything waiting, maybe I should take a leaf from your book.

  2. Wow! You have had a very productive 100 days!

  3. Thats great. I have not blogged in forever. Now that it H2H time I need to get back on it.