Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rainy Week

After many days of rain I wanted to bring better pictures of my first two finishes for May to you guys. 

Up first is Scout -- this is a great pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew and was taught by my great friend Teri. I decided to quilt it with Chrysanthemums and I love the result that this has on most projects that I have put it on.  
It's not quite big enough for the bed but this one is for me -- so for now it'll do for my sleeping quilt. 

Secondly we have Sound Garden -- inspiration came from a chinese coin pattern called bars of gold in one of the books that I have had for some time --  jelly roll quilts. I pulled all the bar fabrics from my scraps and love how it turned out with the wave /spiral quilting. 

I also tried my hand at making pouches again and I am tweaking my process but really liking the outcome. I got a few zippers the other night and put together these few for the craft event I did over the weekend. 

I also increased the size of the Hippo family this weekend with some finishes -- this is all the ones that I have completed right now with a few more in the works. 

On a different note I am done with outdoor events for the time being and will be focusing my energy on indoor events and updating my Etsy site. I am not an outdoorsy person and with the awful winds yesterday I nearly lost a rack of quilts and my canopy is going to need some repair or replacement after. 

Accuquilt contest is in full swing and I am pretty sure I am out of the running as a winner but I am in the top 30 still and I do greatly appreciate the support and continued voting from this very great community. You can check out my entry here

Much Love and Happy Quilting.

8 comments:

  1. Those hippos are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts and great quilting. The hippos are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilts, so colorful!! I am a craft show person too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the hippos. The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scout is a beautiful quilt! The colors, and the back! Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A finish of a beautiful quilt. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie your quilt is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the little hippos in the different sizes! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for the pretty pics of the pretty Scout quilt! Those hippos ALWAYS make me smile!

    ReplyDelete