I'm so excited to be a part of this blog hop and want to thank Beth of Plum and June for organizing it!
I’m fairly new to blogging (just since the beginning of the year) and know there is a plethora more that I have to learn to make my blog more interesting to others. I use this blog mainly to chronicle projects that I am working on and projects that I have ongoing. I have been a quilter for several years ago and before that I was very much into scrapbooking – similar end goal but different medium. I like both crafts because they are very personal and touch our hearts in ways that other activities just don’t – but that could be just me.
City Scape (paper pieced flowers)
Kelly's Calypso Carnival
So a little about me ---
I work at a state agency and that’s nice because it doesn’t burn up my creativity for when I am crafting. My husband and I are very much homebodies, we love watching movies, playing video games and being creative – nothing that involves going in the sun for extended periods of time. I am an avid collector of many things but my largest collection is of Alice in Wonderland items and my sewing space is reflective of that whimsical spirit. We have 4 fur babies – all kitties and they are frequently mentioned in blogging and especially on my instagram.
Hurley (L) and Kahn (R)
Hurley, Nugget and Monkey
About my Quilting –
Like I mentioned before I am a collector of things and have been quilting for a while – so one of my collections is my fabric stash (not as impressive as some but I love it), not all things in there are modern or even pretty but they all have a place in my home. I quilt on a Viking Tribute mainly but have a traveling Hello Kitty Janome that provides me with an outlet for quilting wherever I am in those wasted moments – like waiting for a car repair. My sewing studio is the master bedroom in our home and is in a state of constant rearrangement because the furniture just doesn't seem to fit in there like it does in the magazines. I am getting closer to the perfect space I think but time will tell.
A Little bit more –
- I am a list maker and love to set goals for myself.
- I love my guild and have recently been nominated for an officer position – even though I just joined in Jan.
- I am continually learning new things and hope to expand my quilting into bags and pouches in the future.
- I have recently started setting up at craft shows and events – but haven’t had a great experience with this yet, I’m hoping that the fall brings better results.
- I also love doing swaps – I’m currently only signed up for the Sister thing Swap so I’m looking for others to take part in.
- I have a hard time deciding if I like my stash better or my recently organized scraps – but I know I love how both are now organized. I love going to a few of my LQS because they do scrap bags where you fill your own bag, but it’s very addicting.
- I was asked a few months ago to become the tracker of the traveling stash boxes and have a great deal of fun meeting new people this way.
- I have 2 ongoing block of the … projects. One is a block of the month designing flower blocks and the other is a block of the week project where I am challenging myself to use all neutrals and mostly scraps.
So thanks for stopping by everyone and let me know you were here, I love feedback and talking to other quilters – so for now that’s the dish. Happy Quilting everyone.
Check out these other great bloggers participating this weekWww.modernhandcraft.com