Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lucky 21 -- Lucky Lady

My niece Ireland graduated high school in just 3 years while doing all kinds of awesome extravehicular activities along the way and now she's off to college -- so you all know what that means -- it's time she gets a quilt. 

To be honest this did not start out with the intention of being her quilt -- it was a fun fabric that I loved and wanted to make as the color pallet for an unknown project. I love it when that happens -- but more when the actual project comes together and in the end everything seems just right. It all started with this very pretty art gallery fabric 
and pulled most of the coordinating fabrics from my stash.

I came across the pattern in a stash box and knew this would be a fun and simple project to put together. I actually started on this quilt back at the 2016 stash bash and it sat for a while as components waiting to be randomly put together -- there really is limited planning on this pattern. I got the blocks assembled at Stash Bash earlier this year and really loved all the bright pastels I was finally getting to use. 
I made the backing shortly after I got home and it was in the pile waiting for quilting. It was really supposed to be waiting for me to longarm it but when I decided to send 2 others out I threw this one in as well. Charlene @thecottonfarmfabrics did a simple panto on this one and it looks great. 

I used more of the backing for the binding. 


and once it was complete I knew this quilt should go to Ireland. Now the quilt lives with her at college and I hope she knows how much I love her and how proud I am of the awesome young lady that she has become. 

Was a finish in the 3rd quarter. 

4 comments:

  1. lucky lady indeed. I think this is a great quilt Katie, nice and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors for your niece. Your gift is so sweet and tenderhearted!(I"m sure she will LOVE it!)

    ReplyDelete