Wednesday, September 13, 2017

When your Friends design patterns.....

Many of my friends know that I sew almost daily and because of my husband's work schedule I sew most evenings. I'm not a 30 minute per day sewer, it's more like 3-4 hours per day and 6 on Fridays when I don't have other things going on. 

This leaves plenty of time to try new things and sometimes those things include pattern testing. When my friend Karie asked if I'd be willing to test out some of her new patters I was beyond happy to give them a go. She sent me 6 that would be coming out soon and I was able to squeeze in time to test out 2 of them. 

The first one went quickly and is a great one to really showcase the fabrics in a layer cake, here's my smaller version of  Kwik Evening Star. 

The second one was a bit more labor intensive and I really only finished the first half before she shared the pattern -- I did a reverse coloration of Kwik Misaic Tiles. I hope to be able to get some more cream scraps so that I will be able to finish up the other half of these blocks because it's looking great so far.

Big thanks to Karie for asking me to be a part of this awesome set of patterns to test. I have another that I am hoping to put together soon and look forward to sharing it as well. 

2 comments: