Friday, July 14, 2017

Swooning -- a completion

I've been a fan of Thimble Blossom's Swoon pattern for some time but never seemed to get around to making it. 
Swoon Pattern
I bought Pat Bravo's Rock N Romance line with the intention of making a queen size quilt for my bed out of it but put it off. 
Rock 'n Romance Fabric Bundles
Earlier this year swoon came around again in a quilt along and I joined up. Now by this time my love of doing a huge quilt from the line had wained and we have a bed quilt that my husband loves so I regrouped on the design and narrowed things down to a patchwork version of swoon. 
Image of Patchwork Swoon - PDF pattern
I made a few modifications to be easier on the math with these prints and have had the top completed since March, when I sent it to the The Green Apricot for quilting. 
Angela (and Juan) did a great job with it and all I had left was to bind it. Truth be told i got the binding attached right after stash bash but then never got around to turning it. 
I am happy to report that it is now complete and all ready for display in my bedroom. 

This is my 1st finish for the 3rd quarter finish a long. 

4 comments: