Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tula Pink City Sampler -- The completion

Last month I had all my blocks completed and the sashing ready for assembly and I took this project with me to Stash Bash, where I completed the top

and then I had a great win fall and won quilting services from my amazing friend Kira and was then gifted batting by another of my awesome friends.

This quilt has been a lot of work and I will admit that I was anxious to have it so far away being quilted but I knew that Kira would do something awesome with this opportunity because she's an awesome lady. 

She sent me a few sneak peaks and posted a few teasers on instagram. 


Then it was time to wait for my quilt to come back home to me so that I could get an idea of how great it really was, I even made binding in preparation (and you all know that is not my favorite part of quilting). 
The quilt arrived on Thursday and it was late by the time I got home so good pictures would have to wait till the weekend when I had extra hands to help me and plenty of daylight. 
The cats have already laid claim to this one. 
Here she is out in the sun. 
Here's a better picture of the quilting -- I can't wait till I was h it and get to see all the crinkles. (Haven't washed it yet because of the ongoing problem I have been hearing about the freefall backing fadeing -- better safe than sorry right) 
And one more of the little prince in his quilt fortress 

This is my 11th finish of the 2nd quarter

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing finish! Great job! I love the binding. Those polka dots are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prince, hahaha! 😻 Had not heard that about Freefall. Wonder if you use cold water and that super gentile wash stuff. I forget the name of the older one. Maybe Sue or Teresa would know. Or you should try to ask Tula or maybe her mom since she has a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! And your selfie with it made me smile; your expression is great in that photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so late commenting here but I love the way it turned out and happy that you got it finished. I'll get mine done someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I hope the cats let you use it every now and then ;)

    On behalf of the FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete