Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May Stashing and Sewing

So the goal in May is to see if I can lighten the load another 19 yards of fabric and bring my lightened load into the triple digits for the year, since April ended with me being 81 yards lighter. 

So how does one go about this goal -- by purchasing fabric of course. I needed backing for my Tula Pink Quilt and had a coupon from Stash Bash for an awesome shop Stash Fabrics and I had been eyeing that Free Fall Wide backing for some time and after feeling how it quilts up I knew this was the way to go. This 3 yards was destine to be the backing of my Tula City Sampler and went straight to the long armer. 
Free Fall Wideback in Orchid

I made the backing for my Wanta Fanta quilt (-8 yards) in time to send it off to Cotton Farm Fabrics for long arming -- she was doing an awesome special on quilting for stash bash attendees and this big monster was way to much for me to think about trying to quilt. 

The beginning of the month brings bee blocks and the ladies had some fun ones this month. My required blocks were for Carolyn in the stash bee group, who wanted Migration bee blocks
and Courtney in the Bee Hive who asked for Hounds tooth blocks 
Again, I elected to make extra blocks for other stash bee ladies and I whipped up a lovely granny square. (-1.5 yards) 
My OMG goal this month was to complete my Tessellation blocks -- I have been stalled on these for some time because of all the other paper piecing that I have been doing and the fact that these blocks require some concentration to complete because of the angles. While I didn't get them finished I did make some progress on them and decreased my to finish blocks to about 15-20 from 45. Looks like this quilt gets to hang around a little longer in the UFO pile. 

I did make up the bindings for my Tula Pink City Sampler and Wanta Fanta quilts in anticipation for them to return from the long armers (-2 yards) 
I spent the majority of the rest of the month completing the bindings on my Tula Pink and Wanta Fanta quilts 

I also started planning for some upcoming swap and traveling quilt projects.  (don't we all really want to be like Nugget? and roll around in our favorite fabrics) 

Memorial day finished out the month and this meant a trip to the in laws for the weekend and no sewing for me. 

April ended with me being 81 yards lighter for the year, this month I added 3 yards (and promptly used them) and used 14.5 yards meaning that the yearly total is now 92.5 yards lighter. I have several new things lined up for June and really hope to have more completions as the 2nd quarter winds down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment