Monday, March 21, 2016

Orphans for adoption

Each year there is a quilty orphan adoption hosted by Cynthia of Quilting is more fun than Housework 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

I took part in this last year and decided that I would give it a go again this year. It's a great way to re-home projects that you no longer love and send them on to someone else that will breath new life into them. 

Up first is a BOM project that used marble fabrics -- I knew at the time that this was not a quilt I would want to make but mostly took the class to be with friends and maybe kick up a new skill.
next is a quilt top that is 50 x 70

and a padded flat rate filled with all sizes of scraps 

If you are interested in adopting any of my projects please leave a comment below and which item you would like to finish and I'll do selections at the end of the week (items with multiple interest will be selected through a drawing). I am only opening this to US addresses due to shipping costs. 

4 comments:

  1. You have some great projects here. Of course my eyes lit up when I saw that pile of scraps. I will be doing the event again in September if you don't find takers. Hopefully they all find a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to adopt that middle quilt top. I'd finish it up to donate to Sarah's Hands to Help event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in your scraps and if you are interested I would be happy to send some scraps back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to give your scraps a new home

    ReplyDelete