At Stash Bash I decided to start a new project rather than working on the numerous projects I had on hand -- typical right.
I've been wanting to make covers for the seats in my Honda, at least the back one if I couldn't figure out making covers for the fronts -- this back seat is original to the car and it's starting to show some age but still is in really good shape and no one hardly sits back there so I decided this was the place to get creative and make something functional and attractive -- I went with a more free form version of the Scout pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.
Well I got stalled out with my ankle being broken and not being able to get up into the sewing room. So the pieces of the top hung out on my design wall like this for a few months -- seeing as how I was unable to put in the sashing on the front so that I could start to add boarders and eventually baste and quilt it.
Welcome in 2016 and the challenge by Red Letter Quilts -- for a finish / goal a month. I decided this was the perfect time to set this finish as my goal for the month. I really wanted to knock this one off the WIP list and get it in my car.
The month is plugging along and I finally get a good chance to get to work finishing up the top.
Motivation continued and I made the backing and got it basted and start the quilting. Binding is my least favorite part but it's necessary for a completion.
Some fun finished photos before it goes back to it's new home.
I have to say I might have the prettiest back seat in a '94 civic in the whole triad.
In my eyes she's the prettiest anyway.
She also got a new Lip Kit for Christmas. Some time in 2016 she's going to be repainted to even out the differences in color and cover up a few blemishes.
I have a few more sewing related projects in mind for her coming up but for now it's time to get back to the other pile of UFO's.