So back about 2 years ago I made a scrappy improv quilt called rush hour for a blog hop project.
I even got the quilt top basted with the intentions of quilting each block a different motif and really taking time to practice my FMQ skills. This quilt was going to eventually live in my husband's car for me to use while on trips. I folded it up and put it in my pile of work on it later projects and kinda forgot about it.
Fast forward 2 years and the quilt still sits on the shelf and I had decided that i would offer this project up for the orphan adoption. Well I unfolded it to take a photo for the listing and it hit me --- I still love this project.
I knew however that quilting all the little bits was not something that I would be willing to do -- this quilt is for a guy, traveling around in his car why not keep things simple and just put some quilty lines on it. I'm not super big on using my walking foot but the organic straight lines would work for this project for sure, so I set out one evening to at least start the process and see where this took me.
I'm happy to report that by evenings end I not only had some organic lines with random spacing I also had enough scrap binding to keep moving froward.
The next day I stitched it down and having this finish really feels good, especially since it was so long coming.
It look lovely hanging out with Duchess too.
Happy Quilting everyone -- here's to busting those old UFO's.