Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Halloween Quilt

My custom order Halloween quilt is completed. WHOHOO!!



Fabric pull -- mostly from my stash. 
Fun fussy cut square in square blocks
Planning the overall layout 
Top and patchwork backing are completed 
Basted and ready for quilting
Loose Meander and some hidden images on the quilting.


The finish -- Sandra was so excited to get her new quilt this morning -- she even volunteered to hold it up for me so that I could get a better picture of the front and back. 

We're now planning her Thanksgiving quilt and I hope to get started on that one next weekend. I've got lots of swappy goodness going on before I start on that one. My sewing room has little piles all around for the different projects that are coming up soon -- it's pretty exciting. 

This is another project to cross off the 3rd qtr FAL

6 comments:

  1. That pumpkin fabric is very cute - perfect for fussy cutting - how stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome but then again I love Halloween themed things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It's always a plus when they really like it. I don't know why she wouldn't cos it's really cute. Are those Topher's toes up there? LOL! Your little projects look great so far. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. While reviewing your Rush Hour post I happened to see this Halloween quilt. How very clever of you to fussy cut the squares within the squares. Fabulous Fun Quilt. Creative Halloween Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I went exploring on your blog and found this gorgeous Halloween quilt!! Spooky Eye candy!!
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete