Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Making Progress

I was thinking about how I approach big tasks and I like how these quotes from Emerson and Ronald Reagan sum up how I feel and how they relate to my approach to creative endeavors and new things in life. 

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 


There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan 

This past weekend was one of progress and I am happy to report that several larger UFO's are now closer to be completed and my time frame is looking more realistic.

A biggie was getting that City Scape quilted and ready for binding. Unfortunately for you all Hurley has decided that this quilt is not ready for photographing at this time but it has been approved by quality control at this time. I am hoping to find a great spot to be able to hang her up so that I can get some great shots soon. 
With the inspiration of the quotes above, here's the crazy thought I have been toying with --- I am considering entering this quilt into the local fair this year. One of my goals was to be displayed this year and I feel that this would be a good opportunity. Any thoughts? 

Another large UFO was an upstarted commission project that I am hoping to have completed by the 16th (EEEKK). Hurley was supervisor in charge. 
I got the top pieced over the weekend -- ran out of the main fabric and had to regroup. 
Then as I was preparing to do the borders I ran out of the inner fabric but was easily able to get some more on Monday. Yesterday I am piecing the borders and ran out of the larger border fabric when I went to attach the last side. This just seems to be one that keeps me in the quilt shop all most as much as working on the project. I would show you but Nugget decided that this is his quilt. 
Well here's a look at the boarder and this is another one I will be taking outside pictures of asap. The colors weren't what I usually go for but I am liking how it is turning out. 

Happy Quilting everyone and here's hoping for more completed UFO's this month. 

1 comment:

  1. Katie do it! I haven't entered any of my quilts in the fair, but I have entered them into a couple of shows (judged and non-judged) and it is totally worth it. The boost you get from seeing your piece(s) on the walls with others is awesome and gives you something to strive for when you're next to a quilt with a bunch of frilly ribbons (that is assuming the judges were totally blind and missed your awesome quilt). Do it!!!

    ReplyDelete