Early January and late January are 2 local quilt shows, usually I attend the later one but this year I elected to attend the first one. To me it was a bit small and many of the vendors were not quilt related so I will be sticking to the usual one next year. This didn't stop me from finding a few pieces of loveliness that came home with me.
In total it's only +2 yards worth and I really hope to get started on that pattern some time soon -- I'm told the top can be made in like 6 hours. Isn't that wooden bear paw delightful -- the artist is a Mennonite who lives in Virginia.
As for the rest of the month I did get in some sewing ---
I made my bee blocks this month -- about -2 yards used
Stash Bee hive mate Kirsten (kirstens creations) wanted Double star blocks in a Christmas / Winter theme.
Bee Hive Mate Sylvia (Flying parrot quilts) wanted union Jack blocks to make into a quilt for her husband. Molli Sparkles has a well written tutorial on making these blocks (and no they aren't paper pieced).
I also managed to make 48 Tula blocks by mid month and then I completed pulling most of the fabric for the remaining blocks before month's end.
I worked on my Honda Scout Quilt as a part of my OMG Challenge -- I finished up the top and got the backing made (-7 yards)
I completed my Cotton and Steele Pixelated Heart (-2 yards) -- this was my first finish of the year and it's already off to be in a very special new home.
Made a little progress on making backings for Spellbound and Kaleidascope. (-6 yards)
I have an quilt top that I made from quilt cutoffs that I made a backing for and it's ready for quilting (-3 yards)
Did a serious fabric pull for an upcoming destash.
I did get the Cat Lady Fabric bundle from Cotton and Steele -- as a late Christmas gift. (+5 yards)
I put together my sample Wanta Fanta block that I greatly altered for my bee Hive swarm to make for me next month and then the Stash bee hive 6 ladies will be making in March (-1 yard -- since I have a few more that I will make)
I also have swaps coming up in February and March so fabric was pulled and plans have been started for both the Skinny Mini and Kitten Mini that I am very excited about making.
First month of 2016 in the books and I added +7 yards to the stash, used -21 yards, started several projects and pulled way more that will be destashed soon. I wound up being -14 yards so far for the year -- well on my way to -50 by the end of the 100 day challenge.
Linking up with