January Purchases (+35 yards) -- OMG right!!
- most of this was from a store that will be closing soon. (about 30 yards worth) Most of this was OOP Tula Pink bought with the intention of stashing some and the rest for sale / trade.
- I bought some fabric that was specifically for the Moda Modern Building Blocks to fill in for colors that I was lacking (3.5 yards)
- went to a quilt show that I attend annually. I set a budget and took a list of things I was looking for to keep me on track. I ended up buying a solids charm pack and half a yard of fabric -- which both have actual projects that they will be used for (and those adorable owl scissors). (1.5 yards)
- Januaray Bee Blocks (about 1 yard)
- I made my #bitchesgetstitches swap all from fabric on hand (about 2 yards)
- I pulled fabric for an upcoming project. It's a fun pattern I found in my stash that is made using 21 fat qtrs, but some of my pieces are half yards (about 6 yards)
- I decided to join in with my friend Melanie's Block of the Month where we will me making the Moda Modern Building Blocks Quilt (about 14 yards pulled from stash)
- Got started a few other swap projects (about 3 yards).
- I started making a Disapearing Hourglass Quilt from 3 charm packs I had on hand (about 2 yards)
January Purges (-15 yards)
- I sold some of the Tula on instagram and I made a donation to our guild's charity fabric pile (about 10 yards)
- I had my 200th blog post and sent several yards worth to one of my lucky readers (about 3 yards)
- I also included a couple of yards worth to a very helpful quiltin mama as a part of a swap (about 2 yards)
I'm hoping I keep this momentum up in February. I know that I am needing to get more background fabric for my MMBB quilt and Tula Pink's Elizabeth is coming out this month. If I purge out at least double digits that would be great and hopefully I would have some extra finishes to show off.
The biggest help to this is going to be our guilds yard sale at the end of the month, for fabric and craft supplies. I've already started pulling out fabric for this one as well. (There is about 50 yards worth here -- wow what a dent this would be.)