Monday, January 29, 2018

January wrap up since Tomorrow is a big day

I'm going to go ahead and do my January wrap up now since the rest of the month I will not be able. Tomorrow I go in to have my gallbladder taken out and I'm both nervous and excited -- it's been a long time coming. 

January was rather uneventful with the health stuff going on and I got my bee blocks finished in December, Sara really loved these pineapple blocks.
I did manage to get my 10th scrap basket completed and it's the white / low volume one. 
I worked on a new project -- the candy cats quilt that Kristie is hosting a sew along for online. I mean how could I resist making these cute cats when I saw all the others that were being made. Best news is all the fabric is from stash. 
The biggest news was getting my churn dash quilt top put together
it's been mailed out for quilting and I already have the binding in prep stage so that I will be ready to go once it comes back. 

I did buy backing for this quilt and an extra yard of fabric while I was at the quilt shop (+1.5) 

I had an outpouring of support from my post wrapping up 2017 and several people asking how they could support me in my journey this year. I wanted to let everyone know that I started a fundraiser and designed a shirt that's geared toward quilters (who doesn't love a good quilt themed shirt). The fundraiser is open until mid February and a portion of each shirt sold will be coming straight to me to help with these medical bills that will be rolling in any time. 
Katie's Chiari Journey Fundraiser - unisex shirt design - front
I'm planning a giveaway over on instagram for spreading the word that will be starting soon. On my @katies_chiari_journey account. 

2 comments: