I knocked out the bee block I had to make this month in the first few days so I wouldn't have to rush it at the end of the month -- our hive queen this month sent her background fabrics to us so not much stash was used in this book case block and it all came from the scraps bucket.
The beginning of October was a busy time for sewing as I prepped for stash bash. I did buy a good deal of fabrics but they were mostly for swap items that will be showing up in this post so not really anything to count as stashing.
I made some secret sister items and gifted some fabric. (-2 yards)
I made a few pillow cases (-3 yards) and did a pillow swap with Mallory
I made these 16 baskets for all the lovely ladies that would be attending (-12 yards)
In the course of making my secret sister a sew together bag -- I kinda kept it so this one is mine now (-2.5 yards)
I made the binding for the commission t-shirt quilt and the Kate Spain Quilt (-1 yard used)
While at stash bash I purchased 20 yards of fabric (WOW! OOPS!)
Tiger Lilly by Heather Ross, some coordinates and a Piece of Kate Spain
Coral to finish a quilt top, great text print, some Tula Pink Birds and Bees and Tula Pink Neptune
Cotton and Steele, Alison Glass and Kona Solid
At the retreat and throughout the rest of the month...
I completed my Schnitzel and Boo Mini (-1 yard for backing and binding)
I completed the commission t-shirt quilt
I completed the Kate Spain Jewel Box Quilt
Completed Winds of Oz (-1 yard)
I got 32 of my 70 Tula Pink blocks made
I made a quilt top from my Spellbound Layer Cake (-3 yards)
Completed a charity quilt top (1 yard for sashing)
Started on my scout quilt car seat cover for the Honda
I started with a new block of the month and am substituting in a different background fabric than the one that the shop is providing so that's another 2.5 yards of stash that will be going to good use.
My totals this month were 20 yards added, 29 yards removed, total for the month 9 yards used. That brings the yearly total to 145 yards used this year so far -- still working to get near that 150 yard mark for the year.
Next month will be about backings and finishing up some holiday projects so I hope to surpass that 150 goal and maybe hit 200 yards to start into 2016.