Monday, November 2, 2015

Milky Way Medallion Quilt Completed

Way back in August 2014 I pattern tested for Lovelea Designs for her Milky Way Medallion and completed the quilt top.
I then took some time away from the quilt because I was stalled on how to quilt it and also it's a big quilt to tackle on my standard deep throat machine. I tried to quilt it in -- after Stash Bash and that resulted in spraining my hand and not being able to have full use of my Right hand for over a month. 

At that point I was not feeling great about the quilt and I talked to a few of my long armer friends and decided that this would be the first project I would ever not quilt myself. My friend Sheri did an awesome job on the quilting -- I told her I wanted swirls and motion in the quilting. 
I went with a scrappy binding to finish it off. I keep all my cut offs from binding in a bag for projects just like this but I think it really adds to the overall quilt in this manner -- win win for me. 
It's been a rainy and busy few weeks here so it's taken me a while to get her photographed well but here she is .... 
This was my oldest UFO, completed just in time at the end of last quarter and I am very happy that it is completed and I am able to share it with all of you. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh it's beautiful!! Absolutely gorgeous use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the design...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I don't save my bindings like this but I'm going to start now. I cut my bindings thin, so they are too narrow for the 2.5 inch square box or strips. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most beautiful medallion quilts I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it and am glad that you were able to finally get it finished.

    ReplyDelete