Here we are 12 days into March and I find my self in a state of sewing funk -- I can't get motivated to do anything. I have deadlines coming up and many of them are met but some of them need finishing and others need starting. The beginning of March is always a difficult time for me as it is one of those times of the year that I miss my mother more, she loved spring and flowers and it's the anniversary of her passing (14 years and it doesn't seem to get easier).
I'm still going into the sewing room daily but nothing seems to come of it -- I either move projects around, maybe wind some bobbins, straighten up some, pet the fabric a little or walk in and simply stand in the middle of the room. I haven't felt inspired lately and maybe I need a rearrangement in there but the thrive is lacking. I did get a little sewing accomplished this weekend when I quilted my Rainbow Mini Swap item and I pulled the fabrics for my bee blocks this month.
My love of fabric shopping is thriving -- went out last weekend and bought some things that I was needing for upcoming projects (and some stuff that I wanted), once I got home I wasn't as excited about getting started. I am also kinda jonesing to stop and one of the shops that I know got Elizabeth in this week. As for this weekend, It's supposed to be one for sewing and knocking things off that deadline list. Instead I made plans to go to the Charlotte quilt guild show and a new shop opening, I know that will leave some time for sewing and hopefully I can find motivation.
Here are the Dates and deadlines through April--
- 3/19 -- block of the month -- complete
- 3/20 -- lock in @ Sewingly Yours
- 3/23 -- mail Tula Pink Mini -- need label and photos
- 3/25 -- Mail Studio Ghibli Swap package -- finish extra and photos
- 3/26 -- Sew Together intro session -- make samples
- 3/28 -- Sew Together class
- 3/31 -- mail kitten mini -- need label and photos
- 3/31 -- deadline to mail bee blocks
- 3/31 -- complete pattern test
- 4/6 -- mail Rainbow Mini -- needs binding, label and photos
- 4/13 -- Moda Modern Building Blocks for the month
- 4/16 -- block of the month
- 4/23 -- have everything ready for stash bash
- 4/23 -- stash bash swaps
- 4/24 -- Mail Spring Mini
- 4/30 -- deadline to mail April bee Blocks
Some of these will be knocked off quickly and I think once I get things moving again it will be easier to keep up the pace. I'd love to knock some other things off my bigger list for the quarter but we will have to see if I get any of the 4 quilts quilted that I have ready.
Spring is coming and brighter days are ahead.