Thursday, October 26, 2017

Houston Guild Swap

This is the 2nd time that our guild has done a mini quilt swap with another guild in Texas and I always find these to be really fun. What's even better is when you know many of the ladies in the other guild and just so happen to get one of them as your partner. 

I had Liz @fatchickquilts as my partner and had met her in person at my first stash bash retreat and she's a great lady so making for her was a treat. I used her love of magenta, blue and Tula Pink to create this mini. 
The pieces are on the small size and required a bunch of starch to make sure all those little points stayed in place. 

In return I received from my dear friend amy @houseofbadcats 

Isn't this mini purrfect for me!! the quilting is awesome and she knows how much I love my kitties (especially Nugget). 

This was a finish in the 3rd quarter but I was not able to share since my partner had not received. 

3 comments:

  1. both are so beautiful! Those swaps sure are fun, wish we would swap with your guild again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this swap story! I'm so happy for you and both your sending and receiving minis.

    ReplyDelete