With the beginning of July being a holiday weekend that meant an extra day to sew and look forward to the beginning of a new quarter. My first task was to finish up hemming a bunch of curtains for a friend but then I actually found some time and finished a project that had been around for a while, a scrappy trip along that has been waiting for some time to be quilted. (-2 yards)
I got my stash bee blocks put together (-.5 yard)
Then my Bee Hive Blocks put together (-.5 yard)
Then I did some fun Hive jumping (-.5 yards)
My aim at decreasing my stash did not go well when I went to the annual girlfriends sale at Mary Jo's and to another quilt shop in that area. I found plenty of things that followed me home, some of these were planned for the Traveling Stash Bee projects since several ladies are going the Rainbow route and I didn't have a true Rainbow in my stash (shock I know)
The others are for some upcoming clothing projects that people way smarter than me will be making, and some for Stash.
This month started our traveling quilt swap and I got to work on adding to Catherine's starting point of the word Sew. (-6 yards rainbow stack since I will be using this for most of my traveling bee projects)
At the end of the month I got Alice's block that had been added to by Catherine -- can't wait to get started on this one and I'm happy that I already have an approved plan.
These are really fun and I am trying to get them turned around quickly so that they have limited exposure to cat hair in my house (the next 2 ladies on the list are allergic to cat hair). These two and the next one are extra fun because all 3 ladies belong to the same quilt guild that our guild paired up with for a mini quilt swap. The McKinney Modern Guild in Texas and this month's meeting was our deadline. I got the pleasure of making this quartet of squirrels. (-2 yards) <-- my OMG goal for this month
I attended a sew in at the end of the month and that's always an awesome time with the ladies. I used that opportunity to get started on a swap that will be going out next month, this star mini quilt.
I had also pulled out some orphan blocks that were leftover from my Jewel Box quilt, made a few more and put together this smaller throw size that I will be gifting in the future. (After I got them on the wall I noticed that I still need to make a few more to complete my pattern.)
The most exciting thing was getting all my Kate Spain Christmas charms ready and sewed into HST units -- now to cut apart, press and trim them so I can start assembling the star blocks.
June finished with a lightened stash of 98 yards, this month I added 15 yards and used 10.5 yards making my new total 93.5 yards lighter this year, still working to hit that 100 yards mark, maybe it will happen as I head into August since I have a few days off coming up.