Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May in Review

I am happy to report that my hand is out of the brace and i have been able to resume sewing -- to a point. I will not be making any marathon quilting weekends any time soon and usually only am able to sew for about 2 hours at a given time but I am building up strength and that is a good thing. 

I didn't do much sewing or shopping in May but I did finish up my bee blocks (-2 yards)

First 2 were the wrong color placement -- OOPS!!
https://flic.kr/p/tWak7W -- I don't know what happened to the photo on my phone 

and completed my Alison Glass Mini quilt -- I had to cut back on what I was doing with this swap but I am still pretty happy with the outcome. My partner should receive it later this week and I will do a full post at that time. (-2 yards)
I had hoped that I would have one of the projects I have been working on ready by father's day but it may end up being for his birthday instead. 

My husband and I are still working on the Honda revitalization project and things are going great -- if you follow on IG then you have seen the progress being made. (new headlights and tail lights, mirrors, new carpet and steering wheel and some engine work) 

This month I will continue working on my goals for the quarter and see what happens there but I am not expecting many finishes. I have made a decision to leave the swaps that I had signed up for that are later in the year -- this might have been a rash choice but I really want to focus on some of the UFO's I have around here as the mid point for 2015 is approaching. 


As for my fabric report -- I am going to call this month a wash and carry forward the numbers from last month. I did a little purchasing but without sewing happening I didn't really get anything to report so I will round down the running number so far,  In the first 5 months of 2015 the balance is - 60 yards since the beginning of the year. 


Hope everyone is well and having lots of time for some happy quilting. 

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you are back to sewing which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete