Monday, April 28, 2014

BIG News

So last week was the deadline for the Accuquilt Block contest and I decided to throw my name in the ring -- my buddy Lee came in 2nd last year and encouraged me to give it a go this year. 

The entry had to be an original design and that was my only draw back, in my mind I'm not a quilt designer -- I'm a person that finds inspiration from others and then either by creative accident or not following directions that ends up taking the project in a different direction. 

As I was continuing to contemplate entering, I realized that I had designed something on my own (again out of creative necessity). 
This was the mini that I made for Jen for the DQ 14 swap 

So I took my initial "design" and vamped it up to create my official entry for the 2014 Accuquilt Block Design Challange 
"Winds of OZ" 

I am looking forward to making this block into a quilt top in the near future. I am thinking I might like to get the metallic pearl bracelets for the rainbow geese -- I still have a credit @ westwood acres fabric to use but I may hold out and use solids instead -- oh the tough choices, we quilters make.

In the mean time, I do hope that I can count on all of you to help me out by voting and even sharing my entry. Voting lasts the entire month of May, thanks in advance Everyone for your support -- we all know quilters are the best. 

I'm linking up various places this week to spread the word.
Sew Cute TuesdayLinky Tuesday Freemotion by the River
My Quilt Infatuation

22 comments:

  1. Your design is lovely! Goodluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropped by from Sew Cute - metallics or solids I'm liking your design :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to see that block in the fabric you mentioned. Good luck with the competition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are a definitely designer - perhaps subconsciously! Good luck in the competition with this great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic! I HOPE YOU WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done your quilt design looks great. happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful design! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the whole "quilt designer" thing. But your design is great, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty block. It looks like the beginning of a medallion quilt to me. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropped by from Let's Be Social, and I agree with Rachel - it would be a great medallion center!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice design! I love the rainbow geese. And the name! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The metallic pearl bracelets would be an awesome choice; it's a fab design :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh! great design and pretty colors!

    Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool design, and I did vote for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous design. I know I love the one you made me!

    ReplyDelete