Tuesday, December 6, 2016

November Sewing and stashing

After October, I'm now at -110 yards for 2016. I hope to be at -125 before the end of the year but we will see how things come along. 

November is the last month for the Stash bee blocks and this month we got a taste of y seams with Karen's blocks. (-.5)
overall these are really easy and fun.

Bee Hive is the other hive I have been doing all year and this month we made arrow blocks for Christina. (-.5)
I think these are going to be great in the quilt for her husband. 

The traveling quilts are rolling along with another 3 months on this project, and I had Diana's quilt this month and I added in the broken dishes blocks to the bottom.
Only 2 more rounds on this fun traveling quilt. 

The month started out with a fun sew in night at one of the local shops and I was finally able to get those Kate Spain Christmas fabrics started in the direction of being blocks. 
As time allowed throughout the month I was able to complete the top and make the backing and I sent it off to Florida for some time with Kira -- Can't wait to see what she does. (-15 yards)

This month also had me busy with t shirt quilts -- the one for my coworker that is currently at the long armer. (-8 yards)
and the one for McKinley is ready for assembly. 

In preparation for maybe moving eventually I did destash craft things and fabric on Instagram through the get your quilty wishes granted and some selling (-15 yards) 

So November was about prepping for things to come and pushing out things in preparation for the end of the year. I started with being -110 yards for 2016, I added 0 yards and I used / purged 39 yards, bringing the 2016 total to -149 yards. The first part of December includes my birthday and I will soon show you all the recent additions to my stash that came along with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment